As a new business owner, there are endless things to take into account before your company launches. One thing that sometimes gets overlooked is the security of your new property. There aren’t too many things you can think of that are more crippling than a burglary during the early stages of your opening. Although the market of your business might change over time, the importance of securing your assets will always remain the same.
When considering a commercial locksmith in Los Angeles, CA, there are plenty of things to take into account that don’t just stop at a lock and key. Having the appropriate security system set up for your business will allow you to rest easy at night or anytime you are away for an extended period of time. Here a just a few of the steps you can take to make sure everything is safe and secure within your building:
- Pick the right lock: Just because you have a lock doesn’t mean it’s the right one. Every year criminals find new and inventive ways to break into properties with as small of a footprint as possible, so it’s important to have the latest options for lock security. When reaching out to a commercial locksmith in Los Angeles, CA, make sure they have a variety of locks to choose from, as every property requires its own unique evaluation.
- Sound the alarm: There are multiple lines of defense when securing a new building, and having alarms is a vital part of that. People looking to break in can often be so determined that they take any means possible to gain access. Having an alarm set up can be the best form of protection in an instance where someone is able to get inside. Alarms can automatically alert the local police and scare off intruders immediately.
- Switch up the keys: If you just bought a new business, it can be hard to account for all of the keys. Rather than just taking over what is handed off to you, the safest thing you can do is rekey the locks. This applies when an employee leaves the company as well. A highly trained commercial locksmith in Los Angeles, CA can change the pins inside your locks and issue new keys to avoid any ending up in the wrong hands.
- Catch it on film: Sometimes even the sight of a security camera is enough to scare intruders away. These 24/7 eyes on your property are the best way to track down anyone involved in a burglary to make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future.
- Controlled access: Depending on the type of company you run, a controlled access system might be considered as well. This gives you complete say over anyone entering your facility by using either a buzzer system or requiring a numerical PIN to be entered upon arrival. This type of locking system provides an extra layer of security that reaches far beyond a deadbolt.
It’s important not to forget security as an important step in the launch of your new business. Locksmithology, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA is a great first place to start when evaluating your options for keeping your assets as secure as possible. Call us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Commercial Locksmith
This post was written by pegasus