Security and safety under your own roof is important, which is why these parameters should never be ignored. So, if there’s something wrong with your keys or locks, get the problem fixed immediately. Let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons why people call a locksmith in Los Angeles, CA to replace their door locks:
- Home purchase: Congratulations! You’ve just bought a new (or new-to-you) home, and you can’t wait to move in. But before you do, you should consider changing all the door locks and having a couple spare keys made. The truth is that, even though your realtor was given a few keys to give you, you never know who still has a key. There’s just no good way to know if the last owners took back every single spare key from family, friends and neighbors before they left. For peace of mind, change all the door locks prior to moving your stuff in.
- Unknown location of spare keys: While it’s handy for nearby family members or friends to keep a key to your house in case of an emergency, what’s annoying is not being able to account for all your keys. Or, you handed out so many spare keys over the years that you forgot how many are out there—that’s not good! You might want to think about replacing your door locks.
- Lost keys: Misplacing your keys and losing your keys are two different things. In the first case, there’s a chance they’ll reappear in a short while. But the latter situation rarely ends in good news—especially if you dropped them at the store or in a busy parking lot, or if they were stolen without your knowing it. If you don’t find your house keys in a couple days, for your safety, you should replace your locks.
- Recent break-in: A criminal breaking into your home or business is a major violation. They’ve invaded your private domain and likely stolen some of your possessions—and among those stolen possessions may be your keys, including your car keys. So you can begin feeling safe again, change your home or business locks immediately after a breaking, and consult a locksmith in Los Angeles, CA about your vehicle’s locks.
- Damaged locks: Most lock designs are sturdy, but over time, it is not unusual for locks and locking components to wear. Doorknobs may start to jiggle, screws can come loose, and even keyholes will wear to the point that a key’s teeth can no longer turn the lock to open or close. If tightening lock parts with a screwdriver doesn’t work, then your only option is to get replacements.
- Someone moved out: Roommates and live-in significant others are a part of life—and so is their moving out. After someone has moved out, you should consider replacing the locks, or, if renting, request that the landlord do so. Just because they gave back the key doesn’t mean they didn’t make a duplicate.
If you’re in need of replacement locks or keys, contact the experienced team at Locksmithology, Inc. to schedule an appointment with a professional locksmith in Los Angeles, CA today!
Categorised in: Locksmith
This post was written by Writer