As you compare locksmiths in West Hills, CA, you want to choose one you can trust. After all, they may be securing your home, your car, your business or other valuables. You need someone who is reliable as well as capable. How can you know who to trust? Use the following LOCKS tips to locate a locksmith that is worthy of your business:
- Look for recommendations: Ask around. Check with family, friends and neighbors to find out who they recommend in your area. Read reviews from the Better Business Bureau to double check any recommended companies. Many locksmiths also offer customer reviews on their website. This research will help reveal which companies you can trust. As you look for recommendations for locksmiths in West Hills, CA, it’s helpful to watch for repeated names. If the same company keeps popping up, this is a good indicator you’ve found a winner.
- Organization affiliations: Find out if the locksmith holds any professional memberships. An established locksmith should be affiliated with organizations in their industry. The Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA) is an international organization of locksmiths. To join this group, a locksmith must complete an application process, pass a background check and pay dues. Membership in this organization is an indication that the locksmith is an established, reputable business professional in the locksmith community.
- Call: A simple way to vet a locksmith is to just call them. Consider how they answer the phone and handle your call. Are they professional? Courteous? Do they answer with a simple hello or their business name? Do they take the time to answer your questions? If your first impression is negative, you should move on to different locksmiths in West Hills, CA.
- Know who you’re dealing with: Before you allow any locksmith to complete a project for you, check their credentials. They must be properly insured in case damages occur while they are performing services. Their business cards should match the logo on their vehicle. A good locksmith should also ask for your identification to verify the property they are working on is actually yours.
- Secure an estimate: A reputable locksmith can provide an estimate before performing services. This can be done over the phone. Be sure the estimate includes all labor and parts. Ask about additional fees they may charge, such as for services during off hours or for mileage. Verify the amount quoted is the same price when they arrive for the job. If it is greater than what you were told over the phone, don’t let them start the project. Request that they honor the estimate, or send them away and find a company who will provide more honorable practices.
Using this LOCKS formula will help you determine the best locksmiths in West Hills, CA for your needs. If you’re ready to start this process, call Locksmithology, Inc. Our experienced professionals are ready to assist you with the dependable, honest service you seek. We look forward to hearing from you!
Categorised in: Locksmith
This post was written by gstealth13