Across the Golden State, burglars are gaining access to an increasing number of homes via garage doors and other less-than-secure alternate access points. While many people emphasize securing their front doors, few people pay as close attention to their garage doors.
Garage doors are primarily designed to keep cars and outdoor equipment safe from exposure to the sun and other elements. Unfortunately, most garage doors are not designed with security in mind. Because many garages are directly attached to the home, garage doors can be an excellent entry point for prospective thieves and burglars.
Calling on the assistance of a mobile locksmith in West Hills, CA is the best way to ensure that your home is properly secured and safe. Qualified locksmiths can perform a security evaluation of your home, and identify potential alternative access points that are vulnerable to burglars.
In the meantime, there are a number of steps that you can take to reduce the likelihood of a burglar gaining access to your home, including the following:
- Don’t leave your door open: While this should go without saying, far too many people leave their garage doors open and unattended. If you do this, you’re putting your home and any valuables inside it at a substantial risk. Avoid leaving your garage door open under any circumstances!
- Keep the door locked: Depending on the age of your garage door, locking it may be a hassle. However, it’s still important to keep your garage door locked under all circumstances. Many thieves know that people occasionally don’t go through the trouble to lock their garage doors, which means that the garage door is often the first point of entry they’ll check.
- Don’t leave the remote in your car visor: Never leave the remote to your garage door attached to the visor, especially if the car is parked outside. Burglars may see the remote and gain access to your car in order to gain access to your home. Leaving the remote in your visor is potentially dangerous.
- Invest in routine maintenance: Always invest in routine maintenance for your garage door. If it’s falling off the track, or if the lift mechanism is frail, it won’t be very effective at preventing any kind of theft. Regularly lubricating and caring for your garage door will help you ensure that it remains in prime condition.
- Purchase a padlock: If you’re going to be away from home for anything longer than a day, you should put a padlock on the outside of your garage door. The mere sight of a padlock is often enough to demonstrate to potential thieves that you’re serious about security.
For more than a decade, Locksmithology, Inc. has been a premier mobile locksmith in West Hills, CA. We offer services to both residential and commercial clients. We’re proud to provide our residents with a range of dependable services that they can rely on. To learn more about our security evaluations, lock replacements and emergency key services, contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives today!
Categorised in: Mobile Locksmith
This post was written by pegasus